Jan 17, 2012

5 resons why I love Majisuka Gakuen...

Now, you're probably wondering where the header photo of this blog is from and I'll tell you right off the bat, that it's from what is probably the most awesome Japanese idol drama I've ever seen to this day. >__>

Majisuka Gakuen is a two season (12 episodes each) serialized drama featuring girls from sister idol groups AKB48, SKE48, and the now defunct SDN48. The drama is set in an all-girls school called Majisuka Jogakuen (or MajiJo for short) -- a school chock-full of yankee students and although absent of any type of actual learning, it's not absent of constant gang fights to prove who's the best in the school.

I won't go into too much detail (that's what wikipedia is for) but…if you haven't seen Majisuka Gakuen yet, I highly suggest you head to the nearest google search engine right now and start searching.

Now, onto blog business...

Top 5 reasons why I love Majisuka Gakuen








1.) Badass n' Bloody

Japanese idols. I'm a big fan of 'em.
But I realized that one thing I'm an even bigger fan of, is seeing said Japanese idols that I love do a complete 180° turn on the usual cutesy, perfect and flawless look -- and Majisuka Gakuen certainly doesn't fail to deliver!








Hot diggity damn! This kind of stuff makes me so happy!

I love me fight-club-eque stories and stylized violence in general -- and thoroughly enjoyed the constant yankee-ness in this series: stare-downs, rolled Rs, yankee squats.....i eat that stuff up like...candy!

2.) Nezumi x Centre

Currently topping my list of favorite fictional ships.
I ship these two so bad....I ship them across a thousand seas!


Don't let that sugar-coated voice fool you, she's all spice.

Nezumi. The adorably sinister and self-motivated mouse.

I'm so Mayugay for Mayuyu! (get the corny, un-related and makes-no-sense "まゆげ" pun there? Jurina would be proud of my horrible dajare! :3)

Geezus. Mayuyu is one of the 10 epitomes of Heaven on Earth and totally owns this role. Random fact: I love Emily Browning and all (I actually have a huge girl-crush on her), but I think Nezumi's character/Watanabe Mayu would have made for an amazing Baby Doll. Nezumi had me SQUEEing just about every time she appeared on screen.



Centre. To describe this character simply: .......Aldsfajdlajkldjfkaldj!

My love for Jurina is paramount (more on this soon) and as if I needed another reason to adore this kid even more than I already do....Juri drops this bomb on me. Centre is too much. She's too badass, too kind, and too good for Nezumi. A true hero that's too perfect! *sigh* <3



Oops, this one was supposed to be about Nezumi & Centre....together, right?

Nezumi and Centre are like night and day, black and white, the moon and the sun -- and that's why they are perfect for each other. Centre (yeah, I'm spelling it "re" instead of "er" because I'm Canadian like that) is the Yin to Nezumi's Yang, the hot to Nezumi's cold, the up to Nezumi's down, the in to Nezumi's out, the thrust to Nezumi's heave...the-

*ahem* oops...sorry about that. *puts fanfic-muse away*



Lone wolves have to stay together ;__;

Yup, I'll obsess about these two until the end of time. If there's ever a season 3, I hope to see even more  innuendo from these two (or just blatant "passion"). MOAR! >__>

3.) SKE48

The characters these girls portrayed frikkin' stole the show!
Damn, I love SKE!

Centre / Matsui Jurina (Team S)

Kyaaaa~ <3

The lips of an angel.

My SKE oshi delivers a stunning performance. Jurina always approaches anything she does with such an intense passion, and her portrayal of Centre is no exception. This kid is golden....GOLDEN!

Gekikara / Matsui Rena (Team S)

It moves!

D'aaaawwwwwww! <3

Stainless steel! Matsui Rena brings probably the most chilling performance of the series with her portrayal of the bat-shit insane Gekikara (or Chuukara/Amakuchi in Season 2). The character is such a freakish joy to watch go off on people that I kinda scared myself for liking it as much as I do! lol. I couldn't think of any other 48 girl who could bring to life such a dynamic character like Gekikara.

Dance / Yagami Kumi (Team S)



Dem eyes!!! @__@ <3

One of the 10 Epitomes of Cute (not to be confused with the 10 Epitomes of Heaven on Earth), Kuumin steals my heart every second she appears on screen only to get punched in the face by Shibuya, every time without fail. The cutest comic relief in the show! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be able to deny this girl anything....EVER.

Miso / Kimoto Kanon (Team E)

An Epitome.....(I like that word)

.....of Cute!

Warning: Prepare for a Miso pic spam! *drumroll*
Yeah I just stabbed Gekikara Amakuchi....so what?

If looks could kill, we'd all be dead right now.


Miso be trollin' Shibuya! \o/

So at this point in the show, I was fangirling like crazy! Miso was trolling Shibuya big time in front of all the other Yabakune girls. And Shibuya decided to finally shut her up with a good ol' punch to the face, sending Miso to the ground and busting poor Miso's lip in the process. Just when I was about to get all in a huff about it......shit happened. Very good shit!


BAM! Miso smears the blood from her busted lip and goes all Heath Ledger's Joker on us! I nearly flipped a freakin' table out of ecstasy!! \o/

WHY SO SERIOUS Shibuya? .....why?

If this is what Kanon's Miso tastes like....then I want eat it all day -- And I realize how ridiculously inappropriate that is for me to say about a 14 year old girl...but dammit! It's not my fault she's so awesome! >__<  <( How dare your awesome make me succumb to saying weird-ass stuff! ) *shake-fist*

Frig, frig, frig! Not only is Kimoto Kanon a member of the 10 Epitomes of Cute....but because of this series, she's imprinted on my heart as frikkin' awesome! I mean the badass-ness just oozes out. I totally didn't expect this little angel to completely bring it like she did!

4.) Oshima Yuko


WYuko? Yes please! (Mmmm....triplets)
Impending double face-palm...wait for it....wait for it-

Do I even need any further words to describe Yuko's awesome?



Hmmm.....maybe?




Nope, I think not. XD

5.) Re-kindled my love for Acchan



Not that I ever particularly disliked Maeda Atsuko or anything. It's just that this series made me fully appreciate the Queen of Deadpan again. I've never been big on seemingly emotional brick-like personalities (putting an emphasis on the word 'seemingly' because it's not usually their inner character, it's just how they seem on the outside AT TIMES)....Takahashi Ai included, as I love people that really express themselves. It's also kind of annoying when said bricks tend to be up-front and center (as that type of personality seems to be really popular among the wota and general fans)....but I don't actually hate these girls at all. I'm not that horrible of a person to ever hate on people like that. Who am I to have such an not-worth-the-effort opinion? They just generally tend to slip my mind more than others.

But for Maeda's sake..this drama definitely re-kindled my adoration for her. Don't hate her, she's adorable. Deadpan adorable! :3



So that's it.

The top 5 reasons why I love Majisuka Gakuen...and the top 5 reasons why I watch it over and over whenever I'm bored. Now mind you, that there was plenty more that I loved about this series but I just wanted to list the major reasons for me.

In closing, I want to say, that if they ever were to make a Majisuka Gakuen 3 I would love to see the following:
  • More blatant Nezumi x Centre -- take their relationship to a new level! I think we can say that they both passed the test.
  • More Miso -- An appearance too brief for such an amazing character. She definitely has potential to be a key villain if there was ever another season.
  • More Sutegoro High School & Nukamata -- Another too-brief appearance in this series. But as short as the appearance was, Shiori Nakamata brings a great mysterious presence towards the end of season 2. They need to take this group further!  
  • More SKE48 -- I know AKB48-purists may not like this but....Damn! SKE really brought it and I would love to see more! Bring in Nakanishi Yuka to be in direct conflict with Sae's character. Bring in Deguchi Aki & Hiramatsu Kanako (because I ship them in real life and I need to see more of them together)...bring in The Mizuking (Kuwabara Mizuki) and call her The Mizuking in the show -- cause that would make my damn day! More SKE I say....MOAR!

 The 48 family is a wonderful thing, eh? <3

つづく

3 comments:

  1. I need to watch the second season properly. D-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn right you need to! XD ....Season 2 just builds on top of Season 1's awesomeness and takes it above and beyond! I just downloaded the raw versions, and got the subs from ProjectSub48 :)

      Delete
  2. Yuko is cool, she beat 30 Yabakune in Majisuka Gakuen 1

    ReplyDelete